cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonsCoach

How do you turn off "Split On" in an Excel rows flow? Whats's the new trigger to loop through the rows?

I have built a flow that reads the rows of an Excel document to populate items in Planner. One of the steps is to check and see if a Planner Bucket exists based on one of the Columns, and if it doesn't exist, create the Bucket in Planner. If I run the flow one row at a time, it works. If the Bucket already exists, it works. The challenge is that with the setting "Split On", the flow starts processing multiple rows concurrently and each Flow creates a new Bucket. I want the Flow to loop through the selected rows consecutively so it doesn't create multiple Buckets. When I click the "Split On" to the off position, I can't save the settings. I'm assuming it needs a new trigger, but I don't know what is the new trigger. (Note: I'm very new to Power Automate.)

SimonsCoach_0-1628713053464.jpeg

All feedback is welcomed. Thank you.

FYI: Here's the entire flow:

SimonsCoach_1-1628713092092.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ekarim2020
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Check out if concurrency control will suit your needs. This can limit the runs of trigger to one at a time (with other trigger events being queue to run when the currently running flow completes):

ekarim2020_0-1628716203282.png

See: Power Automate – Limit Runs to Trigger One at a Time

Ellis

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ekarim2020
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Check out if concurrency control will suit your needs. This can limit the runs of trigger to one at a time (with other trigger events being queue to run when the currently running flow completes):

ekarim2020_0-1628716203282.png

See: Power Automate – Limit Runs to Trigger One at a Time

Ellis

View solution in original post

Turning on the Concurrency Control and setting the Degree of Parallelism to 1 resolved my issue. Thank you! 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,518)