cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjohn123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How i can execute an action after the user reposnded inside "Wait for all approval" step

I have built an array of emails named "ApprovalEamils" and then i am sending an approval emails to the array >> and i am observing the responses as follow:-

3optiosn.png

now the above is working well,  but the issue is that the actions inside the "Apply to each 8" will all be executed after we got all the responses, while i want the "Apply for each 8" to be executed once the user provide a response, is this possible?

For example, In another scenario i am sending the approval emails to a People or Group field which will run the approval step inside a for each and i will not face the issue, as the action will be executed once the user provide a response, here is my second scenario :-

s2.png

so how i can fix the issue on my first case?

4 REPLIES 4
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

So basically you want to assign tasks to all the approvers, but you want to take action as soon as any of the approvers responds.. Is this correct? If yes, do you have a static list of approvers?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

@PrasadAthalye  thanks for the reply... yes you are correct? the approvers in my case can be users or groups, so i have build an array of all the users (direct users or members inside the group)

Are the approver roles static? Meaning, can you define the roles upfront? If yes, you will have to use the Parallel block and add the Approval action under each block. That way you can capture response as soon as they approve but overall branching will be in parallel. Something like below...

PrasadAthalye_0-1612573451185.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

@PrasadAthalye  i am afraid that this will not work, as i can have 1 approver up to 50++ approvers.. this is dymanic

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,994)