cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vlm_mv
Advocate I
Advocate I

How is the url generated for the http request received trigger and how can I retrieve it?

Scenario: I need to extract the url for a flow that is triggered by "When a HTTP request is received".

This url looks like: "workflows/9931e5fb.../triggers/manual/paths/invoke?api-version=2016-06-01&sp=%2Ftriggers%2Fmanual%2Frun&sv=1.0&sig=...."

When I export the flow definition as JSON with the "Get Flow" action, the trigger doesn't say anything about this url:

triggers": {
        "manual": {
          "type": "Request",
          "kind": "Http",
          "inputs": {
            "schema": {}
          }
        }
      }

Also, nowhere in the definition can I find this url or part of it. Actually it is als not in the zip file when I do a manual export.

Please advise how to get this url.

Use case: I want to create a user interface where the user can select a sharepoint list and a flow with HTTP trigger and update the list notification url, so it will call this flow then something is changed.

Using this guide as base:

http://johnliu.net/blog/2019/3/one-flow-to-handle-them-all-how-to-subscribe-to-multiple-sharepoint-l...

Thanks,

Marton

4 REPLIES 4
rimatos
Community Support
Community Support

HI @vlm_mv ,

The URL from the "When a HTTP request is received" trigger is generated upon saving of the Flow.

This happens because when saving you are registering the Flow in Azure Logic Apps, so after doing this it will generate the URL for the logic app so you can access the endpoint.

The reason this does not appear in the flow definition is because the URL can only be generated upon saving the Flow (thus generating logic app), and because you will only know the endpoint after the registry of the Flow.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ricardo

This doesn't explain why isn't the url available in the definition for a flow that has been saved (thus, the url is already generated).

When I open the flow a 2nd time, it knows its own url for the trigger, so this information is stored somewhere and this is what I am looking for.

rimatos
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vlm_mv ,

Got it, didn't understand in the first time the question 🙂

I believe that the URL is probably being stored in the backend in Azure.

The Power Automate flows are based in logic apps, and a lot of functionality is done on the Azure logic Apps side, so the Flow probably is only requesting the URL after it has been imported, given that it will be different for each different flow (unlike a dynamic content, where the call is the exact same and only the content changes).

Nevertheless, I think this answer could be better answered if you were to raise a Support Request to Microsoft through https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support, so the functionality of the trigger can be explored in more detail.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ricardo  

HEDI_BK

Hi @vlm_mv ,

Im facing the same issue and I need to get the url of the "When a HTTP request is received" in my CICD pipeline to be aible to set it to an environnent variable. Did you find the solution for geting the url ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,580)