cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tacsi
Advocate I
Advocate I

How long does Power Automate wait for a response from an adaptive card.

When you use the action 'Post an Adaptive Card to a Teams user and wait for a response' how long does Flow wait for a response until it 'Times Out'?

We want to do reminders but not flood the user with cards and have lots of Flows 'Running' and waiting for a response. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Tacsi 

I think it waits for until the time out on the flow run (which is 30 days) you can still set a time out on the action by navigating to the settings of the action and then use the appropriate string like PT1H that means time out in 1 hour and proceed with the next actions. 

Hope this helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tacsi,

The wait for a response should be a pending step, after 30 days, any pending steps time-out.

You could check this doc to know more limitation for Flow:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/limits-and-config#run-duration-and-retention

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

3 REPLIES 3
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Tacsi 

I think it waits for until the time out on the flow run (which is 30 days) you can still set a time out on the action by navigating to the settings of the action and then use the appropriate string like PT1H that means time out in 1 hour and proceed with the next actions. 

Hope this helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tacsi,

The wait for a response should be a pending step, after 30 days, any pending steps time-out.

You could check this doc to know more limitation for Flow:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/limits-and-config#run-duration-and-retention

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks exactly what I was looking for

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (73,655)