cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cherwan
Microsoft
Microsoft

How long does it take for Teams trigger to fire?

I noticed if my flow starts with a Teams trigger, for example "GetNewMentionMessageFromChannel", it takes 2~5 minutes to fire. Is this expected? If so, is this only true for Teams trigger? I have a feeling that other types of triggers usually fires pretty quickly. Just Teams is extremely slow. I understand there may be throttling limitation, but this delay makes it hard to use PA like a bot. I know there are other ways to build real chat bots. Just curious if PA is just not designed for this purpose.

5 REPLIES 5
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @cherwan the trigger response is related to the licensing, so if you have per user license could be more faster. 

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
cherwan
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thank you @ChristianAbata ! Where can I find licensing information?

ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

@cherwan  here you have 

Power Apps and Power Automate licensing FAQs - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

Limits and configuration - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Thank you @ChristianAbata ! I was able to find my plan is "Per user plan". However, I'm running into this slow trigger issue again. Because of this delay, there is no way for me to find out if it's because my flow is not working, or it's because of the delay. Is there anyway to see if the trigger is at least being queued?

cherwan
Microsoft
Microsoft

BTW, this time it's the SharePoint "From a selected item" trigger that's not working (or I can't tell because of this delay)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#for-a-selected-item

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (4,017)