cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasond213
Helper I
Helper I

How to Cancel Approval if Parallel Branch Terminates

Within my flow, there is an approval step and I wanted to give the initiator an option to cancel the approval if necessary (i.e. if they uploaded the wrong form, etc.) To do so, I added a parallel branch and added another approval step that is assigned to the initiator and gives them one option of "Cancel". If they click cancel it then terminates the flow. 

I tested it and it runs successfully, and terminates the flow, however the other approval does not cancel out and I want it to stop collecting responses.

Is there a way to terminate both approvals once the cancellation is initiated?

You'll see here that the termination goes through on the right, but on the left it shows the wait for approval is still in progress (even though the flow has been terminated)

jasond213_0-1606239399458.png

This is the email I receive as the approver, and this should not allow any more responses, but it still gives the option to approve/reject etc:

jasond213_1-1606239512705.png

2 REPLIES 2
krootz
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@jasond213 you shouldn't create the condition action on the right branch, but create it using the new step at the bottom of the page such that the result is similar to below, checking both branch if x or y then terminate.

terminate.png

@krootz Can you further elaborate based on my specific situation? Below is the condition I currently have for the main approval where if the approvers select Approve or N/A it is successful, and if anyone selects Reject it is not.

jasond213_0-1606254343445.png

Now how exactly should I link this condition to the other approval where it gives the option to cancel?

Do I create only one overall condition? If so how do I do the Yes/No situation that occurs after the condition?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,489)