cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naitikpatel
Frequent Visitor

How to Create Reminder and due date in Approval workflow?

Hello,

I have created approval workflow on sharepoint document library. I want to added some functionality like due date and reminder for approver. I want to set due date to approve the document for approver. and I want to send reminder email to approver after 3 day of first email.

Can you guys please help me on this? 

Thanks,

Naitik Patel

4 REPLIES 4
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Naitikpatel,

Please try to use workflow definition language adddays to get the due date. You could consider to use the action “Delay” to send a reminder email after 3 days.

According to your description, I create a flow to test this issue.

In the Compose action, I use adddays to return the due date. The function I am using is:

formatDateTime(adddays(triggerBody()?['Created'],3),'yyyy-MM-dd')

3.PNG

Please take it for a reference.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-yamao-msft.

We can give due date to approver in mail. But I want to stop execution of workflow after duedate. Is it possible to set that.

Also for reminder. If i send mail for approval, flow will automatically wait for the outcome for the approval. my flow is not going for next action. is there any setting I need to do for that.

Also Can we add comment box in approver mail?

Thanks,

Naitik Patel

Hello,

I have some other questions related to flow and SharePoint online. @v-yamao-msft Can please help me for this issue?

1) In workflow, we are moving file from one folder to other folder. For that currently, we are coping file from one folder to other and then delete from first folder. Due to use of copy function we are not able to move version history from original file. So is it possible to copy file with version history.

2) We have workflow, which contain 3 liner different approver phase base on file move from one folder to other. Is it good to create one workflow for all? Or I can create 3 different workflow.

3) If we have many number of workflow in site. Does it affect performance? Should we need to avoid to divide workflow in sub workflow? Or we can?

4) Do we have any action to convert doc to pdf in workflow, rather than any third party tool ?

Thanks,

Naitik Patel

Hi Naitikpatel,

We can give due date to approver in mail. But I want to stop execution of workflow after duedate. Is it possible to set that.

>>Do you want to cancel the flow run after the due date? I am afraid that currently there is no action can be used to cancel a flow.
Please consider to create a request at Flow ideas Forum about this issue:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Also for reminder. If i send mail for approval, flow will automatically wait for the outcome for the approval. my flow is not going        for next action. is there any setting I need to do for that.

>> Yes, it is a default behavior that the flow will wait until the approval response is submitted. To avoid this, please consider to add a parallel branch in your flow.

The flow might be configured likes below, please take it for a reference. By adding the parallel branch, sending a reminder email won’t need to wait for the outcome for the approval.

3.PNG

Also Can we add comment box in approver mail?

>>What do you mean by “Comment box”? May you try to use the Body field in the action “Send approval email”?

In workflow, we are moving file from one folder to other folder. For that currently, we are coping file from one folder to other and then delete from first folder. Due to use of copy function we are not able to move version history from original file. So is it possible to copy file with version history.

>>Currently, it is not possible to copy file with version history. Please consider to submit a request at Flow Ideas Forum.

We have workflow, which contain 3 liner different approver phase base on file move from one folder to other. Is it good to create one workflow for all? Or I can create 3 different workflow.

>>Please try to use the switch case in your flow to see if it will meet your needs.

If we have many number of workflow in site. Does it affect performance? Should we need to avoid to divide workflow in sub workflow? Or we can?

>>I think it won’t affect performance. Each flow will start to run when corresponding trigger is fired.

Do we have any action to convert doc to pdf in workflow, rather than any third party tool ?

>>Please take this blog for a reference:
    https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/convert-files-using-muhimbi/

Besides, OneDrive and OneDrive for Business have an action “Convert file” can be used to convert file to PDF. Please have a try with it.

4.PNG

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,843)