cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ictopuz
Regular Visitor

How to - Form entry with multiple choices that generates different multiple items on a different list

Hello everyone. I need some advice on how to create this flow. I've tried multiple things, but nothing seems to work.

I'll explain a bit what I'm looking for:

Form 1 populates List A, which has a column that can have multiple choices;

For each one of the choices, I need to create a separate item on a different list - List B

List A:

Item 1 - Column X with Multiple Choices [Choice 1, Choice 2, Choice 3...]

**************** Generates ****************

List B:

Item 1 with Choice 1;

Item 2 with Choice 2;

Item 3 with choice 3...

Is this possible? Can anyone give me an idea on how to do it?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-liwei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ictopuz ,

Could you please tell me:

Is your column in list A an choice column?

Does list B also have a choice column to put the value of the choice column from list A?

You need to set both lists to make sure you have the same set of choice columns. 

You can do this by storing the value of the multiple choice column in an array variable.

I have made a test for your reference:

1. You can initialize two array variables at the very beginning of the flow. (in my test one is called var and the other is empty) .

vliweimsft_0-1658991702212.png

2. Add two apply to each: one to traverse the Value returned by get Items, and one to traverse the choice column (the choice column essentially returns an array of options). 

vliweimsft_1-1658991702217.png

3. Set this in apply to each.

vliweimsft_2-1658991702221.png

vliweimsft_3-1658991702224.png

vliweimsft_5-1658991802985.jpeg

Best Regards,

Levi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-liwei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ictopuz ,

Could you please tell me:

Is your column in list A an choice column?

Does list B also have a choice column to put the value of the choice column from list A?

You need to set both lists to make sure you have the same set of choice columns. 

You can do this by storing the value of the multiple choice column in an array variable.

I have made a test for your reference:

1. You can initialize two array variables at the very beginning of the flow. (in my test one is called var and the other is empty) .

vliweimsft_0-1658991702212.png

2. Add two apply to each: one to traverse the Value returned by get Items, and one to traverse the choice column (the choice column essentially returns an array of options). 

vliweimsft_1-1658991702217.png

3. Set this in apply to each.

vliweimsft_2-1658991702221.png

vliweimsft_3-1658991702224.png

vliweimsft_5-1658991802985.jpeg

Best Regards,

Levi

ictopuz
Regular Visitor

Thank you @v-liwei-msft , it worked like a charm! 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,741)