cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FakinSupa
Frequent Visitor

How to: Populate Word Document that has single block cells where string characters need to go.

Capture1.PNG

Good Day everyone,

(I'm reposting cause it looks like my previous post didn't go through)

I started building a flow that fills different word documents depending on what the client filled an a cognito form. 3 of the 6 documents are similar to the picture above where there are a few fields that require the data to go into blocks.

In the picture above you'll see that I have marked the blocks with numbers. I have also abled devmode and have selected each number as a plain text field. 

In order to split the strings I followed the advice on this post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Split-string-into-array-of-characters-empty-delim... 

I then tried populating the fields by creating a select and compose action to create the split of the string with another select and compose1 to get the actual single character that must go in the plain text field - in the populate doc I would then assign compose1 to the first block in intial and work through it that way. The problem is though that if the returned value is zero/nothing then the flow breaks.

From what I've gathered I need to do some apply to each with an increment somehwere in the substring expression? 

I'm still new to this and am struggling a bit - any help will be appreaciated immensely. 

KR,

F

1 REPLY 1
FCGALLEG
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Fakinsupa, 

I think you can learn how to do it in the thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Populate-Word-Document-Multiple-Apply-to-each/td-...

Please, let us know if it helps you.

Regards,

Javier

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (806)