cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FakinSupa
Frequent Visitor

How to: Populate Word Document that has single block cells where string characters need to go.

Capture1.PNG

Good Day everyone,

(I'm reposting cause it looks like my previous post didn't go through)

I started building a flow that fills different word documents depending on what the client filled an a cognito form. 3 of the 6 documents are similar to the picture above where there are a few fields that require the data to go into blocks.

In the picture above you'll see that I have marked the blocks with numbers. I have also abled devmode and have selected each number as a plain text field. 

In order to split the strings I followed the advice on this post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Split-string-into-array-of-characters-empty-delim... 

I then tried populating the fields by creating a select and compose action to create the split of the string with another select and compose1 to get the actual single character that must go in the plain text field - in the populate doc I would then assign compose1 to the first block in intial and work through it that way. The problem is though that if the returned value is zero/nothing then the flow breaks.

From what I've gathered I need to do some apply to each with an increment somehwere in the substring expression? 

I'm still new to this and am struggling a bit - any help will be appreaciated immensely. 

KR,

F

1 REPLY 1
FCGALLEG
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Fakinsupa, 

I think you can learn how to do it in the thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Populate-Word-Document-Multiple-Apply-to-each/td-...

Please, let us know if it helps you.

Regards,

Javier

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,748)