Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rkaur
Level: Powered On

How to Route Cases to Queues using Flow and not CRM Workflow

Hi,

I am trying to look out for a way to build a flow that can help me to route my cases ( created from incoming emails) to appropriate queues as ddefined in teh system

for email - im using Outlook connector

im able to create cases for an incoming email with defined subject filter

Next, i would want to assign my case to desired queue based on the case type or my defined parameters.

Can you please help identify what is teh connector we can use to achieve teh same.

I was not able to search for anything around queue management using Flow connectors.

i know we can achieve this using standard CRM workflows but how do we do it using Flows ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abm
Level 10

Re: How to Route Cases to Queues using Flow and not CRM Workflow

Hi @Rkaur ,

Please follow the below steps.

First I have created an email message. This message I want to assign to a queue called 'TestQueue'. So my second flow action is get the TestQueue id by using flow action List Record.

q1.png

Next  Create a new record in Queue Items. Set the object type emails (in your case it is incidents) and Queue id

q2.png

Let me know how it goes.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
abm
Level 10

Hi,

Try using the flow action - Create record - Entity Queue item and set the properties.

Thanks

abm
Level 10

Hi @Rkaur ,

Please follow the below steps.

First I have created an email message. This message I want to assign to a queue called 'TestQueue'. So my second flow action is get the TestQueue id by using flow action List Record.

q1.png

Next  Create a new record in Queue Items. Set the object type emails (in your case it is incidents) and Queue id

q2.png

Let me know how it goes.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Rkaur

HI @abm ,

Thanks for your reply, i have been building around it. but just using CDS connectors instead of Dynamics 365. Im working on a CDS enviroment.  where everything is custom built outside the standard CDM entities. Case is my custom entity here with its entitiy internal name such as "abc_incident" .

So at the last step of creating a new record with entity type as queue item. i provided my object type as "abc_incident" instead of "incidents" or "emails" what you have done.

I get the error "Invalid lookup_type value".. teh available lookup type values are shown below. i entered my custom value.

queue item.png

Please suggest if its looking only for any of the existing look up values and not any custom entry. even though the last lookup enter says "enter a custom value" which i just did but it didnt work.

"emails" seems to be a valid lookup value. When i compare Dynamics 365 connector for Queue Items entity , i see lot many lookup values with incident being one of them. Looks like its a different set of values for a CDS connector vs D365 connector.

kindly suggest how do i add a entity (case) record to my queue item using CDS connector

Rkaur

HI,

i was able to fix the issue by enabling my custom entity for queues.

able to make my use case work - converting an incoimg email to a case and routing it to appropriate queue using Flow

it was a very silly thing but sometimes your mind just wanders..

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 239 members 4,410 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: