cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d365_katiepage
Regular Visitor

How to Send email from a normal text field from Dynamics 365?

Hi Everyone,

I have a text field in Dynamics 365 named "Lead Source Email Address". So when a lead record is created, the user will populate email address of the lead source in this textbox.

When the Lead has changed it's status to QUALIFIED, the flow should send email message to email address in Lead Source Email Address.

This is what my flow looks like:

d365_katiepage_0-1617087215323.png

PLEASE  NOTE THAT LEAD SOURCE EMAIL ADDRESS IS NOT A USER OR CONTACT IN DYNAMICS 365. So basically the user will input whatever email address in that field and email message should be sent to that address.  

I keep on encountering this error:

d365_katiepage_1-1617087605326.png

How can I make it happen? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ViditGholam
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @d365_katiepage  you need to do a setting first in the CRM to achieve what you are trying to you can find it in the below link 

https://www.cloudfronts.com/send-email-to-not-resolved-email-ids-from-workflow-cloud-flows/

Hope this helps ! 

Let me know in case any issues.

If this solves your problem please mark this post as answered and hit me a thumps up 

Thanks and Regards,

Vidit

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ViditGholam
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @d365_katiepage  you need to do a setting first in the CRM to achieve what you are trying to you can find it in the below link 

https://www.cloudfronts.com/send-email-to-not-resolved-email-ids-from-workflow-cloud-flows/

Hope this helps ! 

Let me know in case any issues.

If this solves your problem please mark this post as answered and hit me a thumps up 

Thanks and Regards,

Vidit

ViditGholam
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Also for you as you are sending it the "participationtypemask" will be "2" and not "1"

d365_katiepage
Regular Visitor

Thank you so much @ViditGholam . It works HOWEVER I did not changed the participationtypemask since it will be the recipient in the email.

So if I need to add another recipient, I just need to add it here right?

d365_katiepage_1-1617147264920.png

ViditGholam
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@d365_katiepage  I think you will have to make an array for multiple recipients I will try it out on my trail and ping you here with the solution for the same.

Could you mark the previous post as answered if it has resolved your issue.

Thanks and regards 

Vidit 

Thank you! Highly appreciate it. 

ViditGholam
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @d365_katiepage so I tired it out in my trail and this works for multiple recipients as shown in the below email

ViditGholam_0-1617188055846.png

Hope this helps ! 

Let me know incase any issues.

Please mark this post as answered if it resolves your issue and hit me a thumps up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,024)