cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdowse
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to Show the Text Value of the CDS Status and Status Reason Fields - using the dynamic content in my flow only shows a number

Hello Everyone!

I am working on a flow that runs when a response is received to one of my MS Forms. I have an approval set up so that all responses can be checked before any data is imported/changed in my CDS database (because the form has to be available to anyone with the link so I need to be careful!)

In the approval "details" I want to show the status reason of the CDS record but, using the dynamic content, just returns a number rather than the actual text. This is shown in the screenshots below - I've used a compose action to show the output more easily.

Can anyone think of a way to show the text value (which in this case should be "Information Requested")

Thanks!

Simon

The FlowThe FlowThe OutputThe Output

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ManishJain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @sdowse ,

Current CDS connector supports formatted values for both Get record and List records. so you should be able to get the option set labels by adding the @OData.Community.Display.V1.FormattedValue  to the option set.

e.g for status code :  

['body/statuscode@OData.Community.Display.V1.FormattedValue']

https://linnzawwin.blogspot.com/2020/07/get-lookup-display-name-and-option-set.html

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ManishJain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @sdowse ,

Current CDS connector supports formatted values for both Get record and List records. so you should be able to get the option set labels by adding the @OData.Community.Display.V1.FormattedValue  to the option set.

e.g for status code :  

['body/statuscode@OData.Community.Display.V1.FormattedValue']

https://linnzawwin.blogspot.com/2020/07/get-lookup-display-name-and-option-set.html

Thanks

View solution in original post

That's great, thank you very much @ManishJain.

It's also helped me learn more about how the expressions are put together - for example I didn't know why there was always reference to a "body" - but now I know!

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (63,476)