cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
robinteiner
Level: Power Up

How to access the file link from within a SharePoint Document library - The Copy Link Url

Hi All,

I am looking for a solution to get the link to a file from the "Copy link" function in SharePoint (see screenshot below), after the file has been created.Screenshot at Feb 08 16-11-57.png

With much thanks

Robin

This post is referenced with a discussion in another post.

@AlanPs1

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: How to access the file link from within a SharePoint Document library - The Copy Link Url

Hi @robinteiner

This may require Microsoft Graph to get the actual Copy Link URL ... before I play my hand on that, I am going to implement that method my end and I'll get back to you.

I wonder if any of the super user's have an idea on this one so I am tagging @ScottShearer for clarity. If he has the time I am sure he will pop by and let us know his thoughts.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Super User
Super User

Re: How to access the file link from within a SharePoint Document library - The Copy Link Url

Hi @robinteiner,

You achieve this via another way.

I did tried the following steps and worked for me.

1. Workflow step : SharePoint when a file is created or modified in a folder
2. Send email

Here in the email body I have captured "filentity tag" and "filename" to construct the link of the file

https://xxxxx.sharepoint.com/:w:/r/_layouts/15/Doc.aspx?sourcedoc=%7{filentitytag}%7D&file={filename}

Note: You don't need curley brackets in the url.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

robinteiner
Level: Power Up

Hi @abm Thank you for your response! In the process of following your tips, I actually found an option that I hadn't seen before and that solved this issue very easily by using "Create sharing link for a file or folder" and using the ItemId of the new file. Works like a charm:

Screenshot at Feb 11 09-02-33.png

Thanks

Robin

Super User
Super User

Thanks for the info @robinteiner and good spot! I have never spotted that connector but I have acheived getting the "Copy Link" using MS graph. It stands alone as a seperate solution (of sorts), so I will post it seperately for those who may need to harness the power of MS Graph to get SharePoint file data.

Thanks, Alan.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,000)