cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a Teams user to a channel based on user input?

hi all. What I'm trying to do is have a form (in ms forms if possible) that has a field for user. typing in there will come up with our AAD user directory (ie select a company employee). Then, under that, another field where i can select multiple existing teams channels. And then a submit button that once pressed, adds the selected user to all of the channels requested. The idea is to remove the tedious task of adding new hires to all the channels they will be assigned to one by one. IF i could figure out how to make a field in MS forms a validated company AAD record, then in PA i could just add them using the teams connector. BUT i can't figure out how to automate it so that the initial form has an email field instead of a plain text field. Any ideas on how i would be able to do this, either automating forms or some other way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tlarose,

It's unfortunate that there is no action could add a user into an MS team channel, if you like this feature and want it could be possible in the future, you could head to this idea and vote it:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Action-to-add-an-user-to-Microsoft-Team-or-... 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tlarose,

It's unfortunate that there is no action could add a user into an MS team channel, if you like this feature and want it could be possible in the future, you could head to this idea and vote it:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Action-to-add-an-user-to-Microsoft-Team-or-... 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (40,290)