cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mustaque_Ehiya
Helper III
Helper III

How to add a Trigger Condition to related tables in the Filter Rows condition to avoid unneeded flow runs

Hi team,

I am looking to run the flow ONLY if the related table condition is met.  currently we have 50% of the triggered runs canceling because of unmet conditions in the related table.

Requirement:  Currently the flow is triggered against "Incident Resolution" table and in the below conditions we check the related table "Incident" for status code and phone no availability.  If those conditions are not met, we are cancelling the flow.

is there a way to add the related table conditions in the Trigger itself so that we can avoid the unneeded flow runs.

Mustaque_Ehiya_0-1667550894397.png

Mustaque_Ehiya_1-1667550923630.png

Conditions fyr.

Mustaque_Ehiya_2-1667550944411.png

4 REPLIES 4
Jondoesflow
Helper V
Helper V

Hi,

I wrote a blog post on how to build trigger conditions using the Filter Array step in Power Automate, I think this might help you:

https://www.jondoesflow.com/post/filter-array-ftw

If I have helped solve your issue, please accept this as a solution and thumbs up my reply.

Thanks.

www.jondoesflow.com

Mustaque_Ehiya
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @Jondoesflow - Thanks for responding.  The solution you shared is related to the expression for main table we are triggering which we are already using it, but primarily I am looking for format/expressions if available to filter based on Related tables - like the way we use in the Expand Query which is available for other Tasks.

Mustaque_Ehiya
Helper III
Helper III

Hello Team - do we have this feature in Power Automate or should we raise this in Idea ?

Mustaque_Ehiya
Helper III
Helper III

hi Team - raised an idea for this feature - Microsoft Idea (dynamics.com)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,316)