cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chase_Ho
Frequent Visitor

How to add a record in one Sharepoint List once a filed from another Sharepoint List changed?

There are 2 sharepoint lists I have on hand, they are:

A: Register the Resignation Requests

B: Recruitment Plan

There is a field name "Approve the Resigantion (Y/N)" in the table "A: Register the Resignation Requests", and once this field changed to "Yes", i want to create a new record on the table "B: Recruitment Plan".

Highly appreciated that if anyone could help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chase_Ho ,

You could refer to the method provided in this blog to get the version value of the specified field, and then check whether the specified field value has changed in different versions.

Microsoft-Flow-Community-Blog/Check-for-a-Change-in-a-SharePoint-List-Column-Value

Use HTTP Request to get the version items, and then get the values of the different versions of the corresponding fields.

Expression reference:

Current Version:

body('Send_an_HTTP_request_to_SharePoint')['d']['results'][0]['ColumnName']
Previous version:

body('Send_an_HTTP_request_to_SharePoint')['d']['results'][1]['ColumnName']

Image reference:

110.PNG111.PNG

Also, note that true/false should be used to correspond to Yes/No.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Chase_Ho 

Here are the steps you need.

sh1.png

You probably need another flag to say that item is created after the Create item flow step. Otherwise it will trigger whenever you modify the Register the Resignation Requests. So add a flag called 'Recruitment Plan Created' Yes/No. Extend the condition to check this flag is No and 'Register the Resignation Requests' is Yes.  Update the flag 'Recruitment Plan Created' to Yes after the create flow step. Hope it make sense.

If you need any further help please let me know.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
Chase_Ho
Frequent Visitor

hello Abm,

Would you please also show me how to create a flag to a FLOW to avoid the scenario you mentioned ?

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chase_Ho ,

You could refer to the method provided in this blog to get the version value of the specified field, and then check whether the specified field value has changed in different versions.

Microsoft-Flow-Community-Blog/Check-for-a-Change-in-a-SharePoint-List-Column-Value

Use HTTP Request to get the version items, and then get the values of the different versions of the corresponding fields.

Expression reference:

Current Version:

body('Send_an_HTTP_request_to_SharePoint')['d']['results'][0]['ColumnName']
Previous version:

body('Send_an_HTTP_request_to_SharePoint')['d']['results'][1]['ColumnName']

Image reference:

110.PNG111.PNG

Also, note that true/false should be used to correspond to Yes/No.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Chase_Ho 

Step 1:

SharePoint list settings List A: Add a new column called 'Recruitment Plan Created' type Yes/No check box.
Step 2:

Extend the if condition to check Recruitment Plan Created is false along with other condition as well.
Step 3:

Next after the create item add a flow action step update List A, set Recruitment Plan Created to true.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,615)