cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How to add a reply email to the task of the same name

Capture.PNGHi,

I have created a flow that checks an incoming email for "RE: or Re:" and if it does not include this to create a new task in the planner. only original emails create a new task from a shared mailbox. 

My condition at the moment is open so nothing happens if they are replies. its the Yes side that i need help with.

I want to have the replies added to their respective tasks that already exist.

Can anyone help at all?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: How to add a reply email to the task of the same name

Hello @SeanONeill19 

Relying on an email client using RE: or Re: when replying to an email is not a sure thing. If the recipient uses a different UI language you may get SV: and others 🙂

You should add a reference in your outgoing email, either in the subject or in the body or better in both. Just add a small text informing not to delete the reference.

Kind regards, John

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi @JohnAageAnderse Thank you for your email. 

There will be no outgoing email. The mailbox in question will be emailed directly if the users have an issue.

what happens is, if i respond to the user with a question and they respond, without the choice, another new task is created. i wanted to know if we could add the reply to the task in planner?

thanks.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @SeanONeill19 

You can't rely on the email containing the reference to your task, so you have to decide on the steps to use:

If the email has a reference to an existing Planner task, add the email content to the task.

If the email has no reference, move the email into another folder for manually adding to an existing Planner task, or creating a new Planner task.

OR

If the email has no reference, create a new Planner task, then if it later is identified as a reply to an existing Planner task, copy the content to the existing and delete the incorrectly created Planner task.

Kind regards, John

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,586)