cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LB91627

How to add multiple recipients to an approval flow?

HI, 

I am trying to forward the approval email to multiple people once the client approves a file updated on Sharepoint. Can anyone help me, please? 

8 REPLIES 8
LB91627

Screenshot 2022-10-19 at 17.30.03.png

ninjaryder1st
Helper IV
Helper IV

@LB91627 ,

There should be a menu option to choose between "any" or "1st to respond" from multiple recipients/approvers identified in the flow step under "approval type"  using this action step:

ninjaryder1st_0-1666215307120.png

ninjaryder1st_1-1666215400349.png

LB91627

Hi Ninja, 

Yes, this is a good workaround solution. Thank you. 

Is there any way to share an approved request from a client with other teams within our organisation?

LB91627

Screenshot 2022-10-19 at 22.46.16.png

LB91627

I had tried to create an automate email once the request gets approved but it does not seem to work in power automate. 

ninjaryder1st
Helper IV
Helper IV

@LB91627   To clarify,  you are seeking/receiving an approval from a client outside the organization, and wish to distribute this response for "approve or reject" to others in your org?     There may be some IT limitations at play and would be helpful to ask your IT Microsoft admin about any of those.     Internally,  approval requests at my company are sent to us via Teams message, though I'm not sure how your external clients are sent notices and return the notices to you or the approval originator account designated in the flow.  

ninjaryder1st
Helper IV
Helper IV

You could try using the "Send and Email (V2) " option, and use the email body section to place dynamic content associated from the approval step (ie:  approval decision/outcome and also add any comments documented by the approver during the approval )

ninjaryder1st_0-1666365136907.png

Here is a switch that contains the dynamic expression:  approver outcome

You could also place "approver outcome" into a condition control , rather than a switch for approved/rejected

(ie:  Outcome Approver is equal to (or contains),     Approve  (or Reject), depending on what you need.

If you need comments for both decisions, you could use the switch above.   

Be careful using the email within any "apply to each" area, as it will send an email for EACH approval decision/comment, vs 1 with all comments.  (you may desire decision and comment to be recorded, but necessarily an email for each one).

the update a row in excel looks like this w/ dynamic content for the Approver Response Comments placed into the excel table "comments section..    I believe once you get those comments in separate table rows, you can "get items" from the excel table (ie:  the comments by column/row/cell) and distribute them in your email to its recipients. 

ninjaryder1st_2-1666365811676.png

Here's the updated Excel Table/column with "comments" added to row from Flow Approval Response Comments via Teams (or email) noted belw it

ninjaryder1st_3-1666365970766.png

ninjaryder1st_4-1666366021454.png

LB91627

Thank you, is there any way to export the approvals from the Microsoft approvals app? This would help to resolve the above issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,806)