cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to add new user to group using "Add user to Group"??

Okay, so Im currently in the process of implementing an employee onboarding flow. Its set up to create a user in Azure in AD and then add the user to the relevant security group for licensing purposes. I am struggling to find where I can call in the "Group ID" from. For example if they are apart of the Sales team I want the group Id to automatically populate with the sales group ID.  Can anyone help me progress?

oscarIzon_0-1600405569169.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: How to add new user to group using "Add user to Group"??

@oscarIzon  I think you can add some conditions if employee department contains which field then add to the fixed Group ID.

For example, you can get all the Group ID of all the departments. And then in the condition, add if employee' department contains which department name, then add the user to the specific Group.

Best Regards,

Jessie Chen

Support Engineer

Asia Dynamics 365 Support

Customer Services and Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

If you have an admin user that is member of all target groups, you can try with 'get groups of a user (v2)' and filter them acording to whatever policy you define to automatically match a user's dept and its corresponding group

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/azuread/#get-groups-of-a-user-(v2)

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@oscarIzon  I think you can add some conditions if employee department contains which field then add to the fixed Group ID.

For example, you can get all the Group ID of all the departments. And then in the condition, add if employee' department contains which department name, then add the user to the specific Group.

Best Regards,

Jessie Chen

Support Engineer

Asia Dynamics 365 Support

Customer Services and Support

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,547)