cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

How to add senders UPN to bucket in Planner

I have a flow that uses When a new email arrives to a group connector. The email lands in a folder which is a O365 group. I am the member of the group. The flow then checks for a keyword named "Power BI" within the email body and adds a task to a specified bucket to the planner and assign the task to a staff member. (Here is my flow)

image.png

At the moment the flow runs successfully and adds the task to the bucket on planner. However, I want to add (senders email address) the person who sent the email to the IT inbox to the title of the bucket (see snip below). 

smjzahid_0-1602056198029.png

Currently the conversation ID is being displayed, I want to replace this with actual email address of the person who sent the email for eg: (see below)

image.png

is there another way of achieving this (may be with some other connector) I have also tried when a new email arrives to a outlook V3 connector but couldn't achieve the required functionality with that as well

Here is the create a task in planner step which adds the title

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @smjzahid ,

The senders email address seems to be included in posts. You can initialize a string variable first, and then append the email address in posts to this variable.

You can click on the trigger body to view the attribute values of posts. Please consider using Parse JSON action to parse posts, so that you can easily reference the attribute values contained in this object.

http://johnliu.net/blog/2018/6/a-thesis-on-the-parse-json-action-in-microsoft-flow

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @smjzahid ,

The senders email address seems to be included in posts. You can initialize a string variable first, and then append the email address in posts to this variable.

You can click on the trigger body to view the attribute values of posts. Please consider using Parse JSON action to parse posts, so that you can easily reference the attribute values contained in this object.

http://johnliu.net/blog/2018/6/a-thesis-on-the-parse-json-action-in-microsoft-flow

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,069)