Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RRMX1
Helper III
Helper III

How to assign another person from an email notification

Hi,

I'm trying to create a flow where a Manager who is notified of an item that is due for review can then assign that task to someone:

So the email reminder flow is triggered by a due date OR when a new item is created.

The Manager is sent an email reminder with a link to the item OR is sent an email to approve the request.

Then in that email I want a box for them to fill in the name/email of the person in their department they are assigning that job to.

And the person whose name they have inputted will then get an email to say something has been assigned to them.

Any help appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@RRMX1  as far as i know reassign is not possible from email, user needs to go to Power Automate - My Approvals in order to reassign.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @RRMX1 you can follow this topics

Solved: Send email notification to person a person of list... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Solved: Send Bundled Email Based on Person Listed - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
RRMX1
Helper III
Helper III

@ChristianAbatathanks, neither are quite what I'm looking for.

I've noticed there is a Reassign section under the Start Approval section however it doesn't appear on the email. Can this be part of the email the Manager receives to forward on to someone else?

I really only want a way for the Manager to receive an email to say something is due and  decide then who to assign it to depending on who is available at the time.

@RRMX1  as far as i know reassign is not possible from email, user needs to go to Power Automate - My Approvals in order to reassign.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (38,615)