cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to automatically assign a different user as owner each time the flow is executed

I need to assign as owner a record that is created in Dynamics to a user but when another record is created it is automatically assigned to another user.
I have no problem with assigning the record but I don't know how to do the even and odd sequence in the assignment to the two users.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @Neryhumberto,

The leadid field in the Dynamic 365 entity is a string, so you need to convert it into an integer, please use these expression:

mod(int(triggerBody()?['leadid']),2)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Neryhumberto 

Not sure I understood your requirement. If you could please explain in an example that would be helpful.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Highlighted

When a lead is created in Dynamics 365, I want to assign this record to seller#1, so that when another lead is created assign to seller#2, and when another lead is created assign this record to seller#1 again, each time a record is created assign to the next seller.

I know how to assign a single record to a seller, but Microsoft Flow does not allow me to create two triggers in a flow.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi @Neryhumberto,

You can create two similar Flows, then create condition, then use the mod() function to get the mod of new created item's ID:

mod(triggerBody()?['ID'],2)

If one record created, the ID is even, the result of mod() function will be "1", or it will be "0". So the two similar Flows will continue according these results.

OR actually, you have no need to create multiple Flow, if you just create one Flow, you could create a Switch action to assign to different users according to result of mod() function.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Hi v-litu-msft, sorry I'm new on flow, 

What I am doing wrong?

flow1.png

flow2.png

flow3.png

Highlighted

Hi @Neryhumberto,

The leadid field in the Dynamic 365 entity is a string, so you need to convert it into an integer, please use these expression:

mod(int(triggerBody()?['leadid']),2)

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,388)