cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to automatically get item from another list?

My Purpose:

User entry item in List A,  if "product type "="A", automatically add the same item info into list B. 

When user update info in list A, update the same item list B at the same time.

When user update info in list B, update the same item in list A at the same time.

so far, this is my flow but it failed.

Capturegeg.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to automatically get item from another list?

Hi @picnicfunL 

To analyse this further could you please report what error is? I can see there are 89 records trying to update here. In your scenario make sure you don't want to end up in an infinite loop. Believe you have two flows running for List A and List B.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: How to automatically get item from another list?

Yeah, remove the getitems step, you don't need that. You are basically going to have to have two hidden columns at a minimum on each list that holds the releationship/ID of each other so you know that they exist / you can edit the correct items as they get modified from one list to the other. After that, you would have a trigger like you do for create / edit, with a column filter to only run when that column equals the value you want. Then you'll have to do the checks to see if it's a new value or not and create the item in the other list if not, and vise versa, then handle modifications. It's a pretty in depth flow to make this work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,311)