cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

How to avoid duplicate notifications

I am building a scheduled flow to run every 10 minutes to notify a TEAMs chat if a certain condition is met from a kusto query.  The problem is that it will continue to notify the chat with the same occurrence over and over again until the condition changes.  I would like to avoid this as you can imagine, but I have no idea how to prevent that from happening.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

2020-09-25 14_32_24-.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: How to avoid duplicate notifications

I think I can resolve this by modifying my kusto query to only look for incidents created within 5 minutes.  That should eliminate seeing duplicate tickets.  Thanks for your input.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @braalf 

As you scheduled the flow to be executed every 10 minutes, it is normal to get notifications to teams until the condition changes. Instead of using a scheduled flow, you could use another type of trigger, but it depends on your needs. Could you provide more information?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

I have to use a kusto query to get the information that I require.  I was under the impression that a scheduled flow was need to run the query.  I need to know when certain tickets are created within our ICM ticketing system.  This would not be an issue if the ticket was created via automation, however this particular ticket is created manually every single time.  I have not found a way to locate the tickets other than using a kusto query.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

I think I can resolve this by modifying my kusto query to only look for incidents created within 5 minutes.  That should eliminate seeing duplicate tickets.  Thanks for your input.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,487)