cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanketghorpade
Level: Powered On

How to call forms polling from flow to Microsoft Team channel?

Hello,

I am trying to call Microsoft Forms bot to post a survey on teams channel from flow. I am not able to achieve it. I read articles which mentioned to use action "Post a message as a flow bot to channel" and in the message add the userid or email id to whom you want to target. This works fine for any user but how can I make it work for "Forms" bot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How to call forms polling from flow to Microsoft Team channel?

HI @sanketghorpade 

Okay. So you could create the form and enable it on the teams channel. Create a flow that triggers when the response is submitted. That way you can get the responses and configure the next actions. 

For the second scenario of using the apply to each, you do not have to worry about the sequential part as you can make it send the message parallelly by making a small setting change on the apply to each condition.  please see the screenshot below:

Picture1.png

You can access the settings by clicking on the ... of the apply to each action and click on settings. enable concurrency and set the degree of parallelism. This will perform the actions in the loop parallelly and you can set a time out to time out the action (for users who do not respond)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @sanketghorpade 

You cannot directly send an MS Forms Form to a User through a Flow bot. (Although, you can send a Choice of Options to a User as a flow bot). 

For a team, you can add a Forms tab to the team as shown in the screenshots below:F1.PNG

F2.PNG

F3.PNG

And in the flow, you can use the When a response is submitted trigger to get the details and perform any actions. 

You might want to have a look at this blog for more details on the Forms Flow and Teams use case. 

https://thomy.tech/forms-and-flow-for-teams-channel-governance/

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

sanketghorpade

Thankyou @yashag2255  for the reply. Let me explain what I am trying to achieve. 

I am trying to schedule a daily poll for a group of people, the count will be around 40-50 people. All these people are part of Microsoft Teams channel. I was thinking to publish a poll using Forms Question? Answer1, Answer2 the way we do manually in teams channel.

The flow bot allows to send the choice to user but I cannot see any way to send that choice to a channel. 

Another way I am trying to achieve this is running a loop for set of users and inside the loop I am calling "sending choice to the user" but here the request will run in sequential which will again cause the delay for rest of the users. Because in my scenario it is a possiblity that user might not reply anything.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

HI @sanketghorpade 

Okay. So you could create the form and enable it on the teams channel. Create a flow that triggers when the response is submitted. That way you can get the responses and configure the next actions. 

For the second scenario of using the apply to each, you do not have to worry about the sequential part as you can make it send the message parallelly by making a small setting change on the apply to each condition.  please see the screenshot below:

Picture1.png

You can access the settings by clicking on the ... of the apply to each action and click on settings. enable concurrency and set the degree of parallelism. This will perform the actions in the loop parallelly and you can set a time out to time out the action (for users who do not respond)

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

sanketghorpade

Thank you Yash for the reply. I am using this as a way to send the notification. I have tested with few set of users i.e. around 6. I am going to test for around 30-40 users this week. Will let you know how it goes. For now I am marking this as a solution. 

Once again, Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 344 members 5,409 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: