cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

How to change the datetime format to just have date for conditions in powerautomate

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create a flow that reminds the owner of the order (Dynamics 365) by using a date time field, however the date time field is showing time. I would explain the flow that I created below (I am not sure if this is the correct way that I did it or if there are more optimal ways to go with this problem) 

I first initialized a variable that would get the time now and add an additional 7 days to it.

jimmart_0-1603338286082.png

and then afterwards i used a list record which gives out active orders. (This is the part where I think i can improve it by using a filter query to just check the datetime field that would be coming up in the next 7 days only however I do not know the exact query to use)

jimmart_1-1603338324798.png

After getting the list I use this condition where it uses the variable i initialized at the start to check for the datetime field however due to it being a date time field its not matching, i checked it using a compose and it showed up like this.

jimmart_2-1603338458822.png

Below you could see that the datetime field has time on it as well, i was wondering how i could just leave the date field on it.

jimmart_3-1603338527400.png

Or if you have better ideas to make it more optimized like just adding something on the filter query to prevent listing a lot of active orders that would be the best. Thanks guys

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@jimmart 
Could you share a screen shot of your complete  flow.
I believe you can use a compose to return the date only but need to see your flow so i can see its structure and where it would go
Gary

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,517)