cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpDev
Level: Powered On

How to check if mail was already sent?

Hi,

I have a flow that runs every 10 minutes and check if a certain date/time has been reached. 

If it is reached the flow send an email as a reminder to the ownder of the document. 

The problem I have is that since the flow runs each 10 minutes the user is getting a lot of emails. 

The condition to check the date/time is set to today is equal or greater than the date/time from the library.

When I change the condition to is equal there is a risk that the condition never meets since the flow wait 5 minutes between runs.

Is there a way to check if the mail was sent to avaoid sending too many  mail to the same user?

Best regards

Americo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to check if mail was already sent?

Hi @SpDev ,

You could try to create a Yes/No field in SharePoint Library to determine if the message has been sent.

The default state of the field is No. Add Condition above Send an email action to determine if the value of this field is false. If so, the message can be sent.

After the message is sent, use Update file properties action to update the field value and change the state to Yes.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SpDev ,

You could try to create a Yes/No field in SharePoint Library to determine if the message has been sent.

The default state of the field is No. Add Condition above Send an email action to determine if the value of this field is false. If so, the message can be sent.

After the message is sent, use Update file properties action to update the field value and change the state to Yes.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
SpDev
Level: Powered On

Thanks for the answer.

It is a simple and clever solution I am gonna implement it. 

Regrads!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 346 members 6,006 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: