Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

How to check if mail was already sent?

Hi,

I have a flow that runs every 10 minutes and check if a certain date/time has been reached. 

If it is reached the flow send an email as a reminder to the ownder of the document. 

The problem I have is that since the flow runs each 10 minutes the user is getting a lot of emails. 

The condition to check the date/time is set to today is equal or greater than the date/time from the library.

When I change the condition to is equal there is a risk that the condition never meets since the flow wait 5 minutes between runs.

Is there a way to check if the mail was sent to avaoid sending too many  mail to the same user?

Best regards

Americo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to check if mail was already sent?

Hi @SpDev ,

You could try to create a Yes/No field in SharePoint Library to determine if the message has been sent.

The default state of the field is No. Add Condition above Send an email action to determine if the value of this field is false. If so, the message can be sent.

After the message is sent, use Update file properties action to update the field value and change the state to Yes.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SpDev ,

You could try to create a Yes/No field in SharePoint Library to determine if the message has been sent.

The default state of the field is No. Add Condition above Send an email action to determine if the value of this field is false. If so, the message can be sent.

After the message is sent, use Update file properties action to update the field value and change the state to Yes.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for the answer.

It is a simple and clever solution I am gonna implement it. 

Regrads!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,423)