Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phildrake198
Helper III
Helper III

How to concatenate a field that includes a date value from another field

Hi,

I have a requirement to populate a Dynamics name field with values from other fields, one of which is a Date field. I'm using the concat function already which is working fine but I can't get it to include the date value when it updates the field. It shows the value in the result but doesn't actually update the field. Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found the solution. There is a formatDateTime expression that allows you to append to utc(now). Once I added that to my concat statement, it worked.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
phildrake198
Helper III
Helper III

OK I figured out how to get it to put the Date value in but now I have another challenge. The format is showing the entire timestamp along with the date but I need it to only show the date portion without the time. Is there a way to modify the variable to do this or possibly have another action that cleans up that value from the result in the text field?

I found the solution. There is a formatDateTime expression that allows you to append to utc(now). Once I added that to my concat statement, it worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,927)