cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suuz
Frequent Visitor

How to convert multiple choice answers from Form into bullets in Email via Flow

Hi there,

I am trying to create a flow that sends an automatic confirmation email to the e-mail address given on a Form. 

And in this email I want to confirm the options they have selected answering a multiple choice question in the Form.

Right now it sums up the multiple choice answers in one line, like this: ["Optie 1","Optie 2","Optie 4"]
But I need them to be summarized underneath eachother with, preferably bullit style.

I already did some research and found a suggestion to seperate the answers with Parse JSON, but then it just sends out separate emails per answer, not what I need. 

Also tried to add step to first create HTML table, but I am not able to get this to work.

Hope someone can help me with this.

When this works I would also like to add to my flow an automatic outlook calendar invite for the chosen options.

Thanks,

Suzanne

6 REPLIES 6
Suuz
Frequent Visitor

This is what I have so far.

Screenshot_1.png

@Suuz 

I have multiple choices- Cough, Fever and Respiratory Distress

You need multiple compose actions to store each result in separate compose action.

1. In first compose i am putting dynamic column name from MS Form.

2. Follow rest of the steps-

Annotation 2020-07-06 221147.jpg

12.jpg13.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-06 221143.jpg

Thanks

Hardesh

Suuz
Frequent Visitor

@Hardesh15 

Hi Hardesh,

Thank you so much for helping me out.

I followed all the steps you suggested but it is not working for me yet.

This is a screenshot of the flow run failing at Compose 3. What I can see that is different from yours is that at my compose 2 the ] is still at the end.Screenshot_failed run_opstellen3.png

Here is what I did in the flow:

Screenshot_flow with opstellen3 not working.png

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

And also what should I do when I have more than 3 options in my multiple choice? (I actually have 9).

Looking forward to your response!

Thanks,

Suzanne

@Suuz 

you need following expressions-

first(split(split(outputs('Compose'),'[')[1],']')) --> Used in Compose 2
split(split(outputs('Compose_2'),',')[0],'"')[1] ----> Used in compose 3.
When you use point 2 expression it will give you first selected choice.
Change the number mark in red from 0 to 8, this will give you each choices in separate compose.
1221.jpg
1223.jpg

Thanks
Hardesh

Suuz
Frequent Visitor

@Hardesh15 

Hi, I tested this and it only works when all multiple choice options are selected. 

How do I get it to work when only some are selected?

Screenshot_failed flow.png

Thanks again for your help!

Suzanne

@Suuz 

For this kind of situation you need to redesign your flow. Idea is- Suppose we have 3 multiple choices in forms and User selected only 2. When we check items in array it will give out of bound array because there is no 3rd item in array. To overcome this restriction- i appended dummy elements in array. In my example i have appended dummy element 1 in array. and later i used condition block to check if Variable value is 1 or not. if it is not 1 then get clean choice in compose action.

You need to append as many elements based on your number of choices. Suppose you have 5 choice then you need to append 5 elements in array. This way when user select 2 choices then array have [choice1, choice2, 1,1,1] and When you compare in condition only choice1 and choice 2 will be filtered. Later you can use all in Email.

Thanks

Hardesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (59,100)