cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to copy Azure Blob files and folders to SharePoint based on metadata json?

I have some Azure blob data in a folder structure that also contains a metadata.json file which has some properties that lets me know what SharePoint site it belongs to.  I'm not sure where to begin to parse the json and start the copy process back to SharePoint.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to copy Azure Blob files and folders to SharePoint based on metadata json?

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a bit more about your Azure Blob data?

Further, could you please show a bit more about the metadata.json file that you mentioned?

There is no way to parse the content of a json file in Microsoft Flow currently, so I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

Note: The content of a json file would be shown up as a binary data when we use the "Get blob content" action of Azure Blob Storage to get the content of a json file. There is no way to analyze the binary data in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Tex
Level: Powered On

Re: How to copy Azure Blob files and folders to SharePoint based on metadata json?

@v-xida-msft, this is (no longer) true. Well, let me qualify that. I'm actually using Azure Logic Apps (which I believe is essentially the same as Flow).

I basically pass the full URL of the blob, including the SAS token to a Sharepoint (Online) "Copy File" task.

For the sake of sanity, my blob URL comes from an Azure Function App. Part of the function is to escape the URI using:

Uri.EscapeDataString()

I realise that others may not want / be able to use Function Apps with Flow, so as an alternative to Uri.EscapeDataString(), one could investigate the use of the Logic App (possibly in Flow too) function: 

encodeURIComponent()

FYI, these function replace things like & with their ASCII equivalent, generally refered to as "percent-encoding

I realise we may be at odds on tech stacks, but regardless, I hope it may prove helpful to others. 

I am sure I'll be using encodeURIComponent() soon, and when I do, I'll update SO here.

HTH.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,514)