cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to copy a SharePoint list when a row is modified or created to a new SharePoint list?

I have made a Flow that updates a Excel file when a SharePoint list is created or modified, THIS works. I need to save the file also in 2/3 more locations as a SharePoint list (in SharePoint). Is this possible to do? See the Flow that I have created. stuur.PNG

I hope some one can help me out.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to copy a SharePoint list when a row is modified or created to a new SharePoint list?

@ahmadbutt 

Are you saying that you want to save the Excel file in two or three different locations or update a SharePoint list with similar data in two or three locations?

If you want to update a SharePoint list in other locations, you'll need a way to link the entries in other locations to the original entry - in other words have a column in the other lists that contain the ID of the primary SharePoint list.  That way, all you need to do is:

1.  Use a Get items action against the other lists with an OData filter that looks for entries related to the primary list
  2.  If you find a related entry, update it
  3.  If there isn't a matching entry, create a new one

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Re: How to copy a SharePoint list when a row is modified or created to a new SharePoint list?

@ScottShearer Can you maybe show the steps with get item action with pictures, so I can understand it better?

I used get items, but how to save that to a another SharePoint list?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,465)