cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

How to correctly extract name of column from Json schema for Item(). expression when column name has spaces?

I have a flow that collects some bits of information from json snippet to build table with 'Create HTML table' action:

Schema:

Paulos29_0-1611316696187.png

'Work Type' and 'Fee ' column have got some space in the name.

How do i specify that space in the expression Item() to get the data from that column?

Item().Work Type doesn't work. I tried various combinations to cater for that space ,such as: 

& " " &, _x0020x_,$,? ,* ect. but nothing works
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Paulos29 ,

You can use item()?['Work Type'] for it. Just put this in expression.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Paulos29 ,

You need to use outputs('ActionName')?['body/Work Type'] , if you are processing multiple objects it will go inside For Each loop. For better clarity post your JSON and screenshot of Flow.

Thanks

Hi Manish,

Here is the flow part that attempt to build the table off the Filter Array output:

Paulos29_0-1611325563979.png

Expanded view:

Paulos29_1-1611325602244.png

I am able to collect values for column Client, Country , Year and Recurring (using expressions Item().Client, Item().Country etc. in Value section of HTML table but the same approach does not work for

Item().Work Type and Item().Fee

as there are a spaces in the names of these 2 columns in the json schema (as per below):

Paulos29_2-1611325852499.png

I need to figure out what to input in place of space for Item().Work Type and Item().Fee (which has space at the end of string 'Fee ' in json schema.

Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Paulos29 ,

You can use item()?['Work Type'] for it. Just put this in expression.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Manish, YOU ARE A GENIUS!

I salute you , Sir! 

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (93,728)