cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xChristine7714
Microsoft
Microsoft

How to create a Flow with HMAC Authentication

I'm trying to create a flow in Power Apps that will call an API which uses HMAC auth. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to do this with Power Automate I have an Appid and AppKey provided by the API authors, but I'm not sure where to put those and I don't see a way to generate the token. Right now I have a flow that uses an HTTP post trigger. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @xChristine7714  I try firstable in Postman to see if the values are ok, In HTTP you need to know what headers needs the API and in body what are the parameter are needed I give you and example about how to send Bearer token in HTTP.

This example is for Dynamics.

bearer.PNG

you can contact me at christian.abata@cloud360.com.ec to do a Teams call if you want.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @xChristine7714 

If you want to skip the Power Automate part and do the authentication and utilise the external service in Power Apps only, you can create a custom connector for it and that will save the flow runs. You can check here for more details on getting started to create a custom connector: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/custom-connectors/ 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,287)