cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gryoung
Level: Powered On

How to create a condition with filepath name that contains a specific word

I am trying to send a notification whenever a file is created in a folder that has "Sold" in the name.  There will be many "Sold" folders across a Shared Document space, and I want to know whenever something is created in any of these folders.  I have tried using the Condition: file path contains "Sold", but it does not work, even though I am creating new files in a folder called "Sold." 

I am not sure if I just need a different syntax for the file path condition or if I need to take a different approach.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to create a condition with filepath name that contains a specific word

Hi @gryoung,

I assume that you have several subfolders under a SharePoint library, and you want the flow to be triggered when a file is uploaded to the subfolders.

If yes, I am afraid that currently subfolders cannot be detected by Flow. When using the trigger “SharePoint - When a file is created in a folder”, we are asked to specify a Folder and only when files are uploaded to the specific folder can the flow be triggered.

Say you specified the root folder for the Folder Id field, while the files are uploaded to subfolders, then the flow won’t be triggered.

There is a similar request at Flow Ideas Forum, please vote and comment the idea at here, I will help collect and report it on my side:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Support-for-sub-folders-of-OneDrive-When-a-file-is-cr...

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @gryoung,

I assume that you have several subfolders under a SharePoint library, and you want the flow to be triggered when a file is uploaded to the subfolders.

If yes, I am afraid that currently subfolders cannot be detected by Flow. When using the trigger “SharePoint - When a file is created in a folder”, we are asked to specify a Folder and only when files are uploaded to the specific folder can the flow be triggered.

Say you specified the root folder for the Folder Id field, while the files are uploaded to subfolders, then the flow won’t be triggered.

There is a similar request at Flow Ideas Forum, please vote and comment the idea at here, I will help collect and report it on my side:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Support-for-sub-folders-of-OneDrive-When-a-file-is-cr...

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

gryoung
Level: Powered On

Thank you, I have voted and commented to your suggested post.  I really hope to see this be added as a capability, it would make a big difference to our company.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,686)