cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nz1

How to create a flow that auto populates fields (now known as Columns)

hi guys i'm new to power automate so need some help.

I have created a few fields within an entity. some of these fields are lookups, date/time, multi line text...

In dynamics 365 i have an application form within that application form i have a tab that i want the above fields to autopopulate  when a record that has already been created has been edited. So for example, a user fills out the application form submits it then goes back to that application form and edits it now i want to autopopulate the fields i created (these fields are basically approval fields so they can enter why they updating the form ...

so far this is how i started the flow

Change type: Update
Table name: my entity
Scope: Org
Colum filter: i added the 4 fields i created

then what? do i choose a condition?

I have full premium license so plz help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kcronic1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nz1 ,

In reviewing your post, it appears that you have the trigger all set up for when a user makes a change to a row(record) in your table(entity). The next step would be to “Add an action” of what you want to happen when an update is made to a row in this table. It sounds like you want to populate other fields(columns),  if that’s the case you could use the Dataverse connector action to “Update a row” and set values you want to populate those fields to. The action would look like the image below:

Kcronic1_0-1622644004831.png

I hope this helps!😊

Regards,

Kristie

Community Support Team

If this post helps, then please click on the "Accept it as the solution" to help the other members find it more quickly.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: Get Help + Support - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kcronic1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nz1 ,

In reviewing your post, it appears that you have the trigger all set up for when a user makes a change to a row(record) in your table(entity). The next step would be to “Add an action” of what you want to happen when an update is made to a row in this table. It sounds like you want to populate other fields(columns),  if that’s the case you could use the Dataverse connector action to “Update a row” and set values you want to populate those fields to. The action would look like the image below:

Kcronic1_0-1622644004831.png

I hope this helps!😊

Regards,

Kristie

Community Support Team

If this post helps, then please click on the "Accept it as the solution" to help the other members find it more quickly.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: Get Help + Support - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post

nz1

yess that's it thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,313)