cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dreamsat
Level: Powered On

How to create a flow which start on new created sp listitem, and make it available to everyone which can create a list item?

I created a list and a flow which will be triggered on new created list items. This flow is triggered now only for me. I would like to share this flow to all the members (with contribute permissionlevel) of this list. 

The only option I found is to make the whole site owner. But I do not want to make them owner of this flow because they can modify this flow and break it. Is there some other way to share a flow but not as owner?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to create a flow which start on new created sp listitem, and make it available to everyone which can create a list item?

Hi @dreamsat ,

You could only share a flow with others and set them as the owner of flow in microsoft flow currently.

If you want to share a flow with others and don't want them to be the owner, you could submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

Re: How to create a flow which start on new created sp listitem, and make it available to everyone which can create a list item?

Hi @dreamsat 

If the flow is triggered on item created, then anyone who has contribute permissions and creates an item will cause your Flow to get triggered (which is I assume what you need)

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

dreamsat

without making them owner? So I can create a new flow which will be triggered on created new list item. And all users which can create a list item can use this flow?

Super User
Super User

Hi @dreamsat 

Can trigger this flow

But not change the Flow since you are the only Owner

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

dreamsat

Thats strange. In my situation the flow is not triggered for other users. Only when I make them flow owners they can trigger this flow.
Super User
Super User

@dreamsat 

What is the Flow trigger? post screenshot of trigger

dreamsat

new list item created flow trigger 1.PNG

new list item created flow trigger.PNG

Super User
Super User

Hi @dreamsat 

I tested it with mutliple users and it works

Not sure about this

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dreamsat ,

You could only share a flow with others and set them as the owner of flow in microsoft flow currently.

If you want to share a flow with others and don't want them to be the owner, you could submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 269 members 5,089 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: