cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spieglanin_A

How to create a new folder for the new file created by the flow?

Hi, 

I need help when it comes to creating new folder.

I have a flow, that creates a file from the sharepoint list item. The file is in the end a PDF file and is saved in one of the sharepoint folders. The issue is that each new file is for a separate person/employee and should be in separate (sub)folder with the name and surname of this person.

So, for now I have for example folder called Certificates and all the new files are saved by the flow there. But I would like to create each time a new (sub)folder (Certificate > James Smith > file). 

Is it possible to do it without the premium version of Power automate? Is it possible to create the folder and give it automatically the name of the person the file is created for?

I would appreciate all hints and advises!

Best regards

Spieglanin_A 

1 REPLY 1
PowerAppsWizard
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

That should be possible with the standard sharepoint connector.

Assuming your sharepoint list includes a column with the name of the employee the file belongs to - meaning when someone adds a new list item (the document I assume) the column with the person's name must be filled to. You can then use the person's name column in the flow to create your desired folder structure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,538)