cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Li
Frequent Visitor

How to create an Outlook Calendar Event automatically with the right information?

Hello, I am currently building a PowerApp Holiday Booking system. Once the booking requst is approved, I would like to create a calendar appointment on requestor's calendar automatically. I have used Create event (V2) and it successfully created an event. However, I have now following questions and I do not know whether these are as designed or any other option I can use to achieve what I need.

1. Even though I set the Response requested to No, the requestor still receives an email asking him/her to accept/decline this calendar event. Because this request has already been approved, I would like it to automatically created in requestor's caledar rather than ask to accept/decline

calendarevent.png

2. As shown above, the organizer is always showing my account (I built and deployed the flow), does that mean I need to use a service account to build/deploy the flow?

3. It's always showing Subject; Organizer? If I use service account, does that mean it will show Holiday; Service Account on people's calendar?

4. Am I using the right action? If multiple users have booked the same day, does that mean multiple events will be created on the service account's calendar (each event has different attendee (requestor))?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Li,

Could you share a screenshot of your flow? I am trying to reproduce this issue.

About #2, the creator of the event will be considered as the organizer of the event, while the flow creator will be the event creator. You may consider using a service account to set up the flow.

About #3, just as what you said.

About #4, if you want to create an event on Office 365 Outlook Calendar, you should use the action Create event. When multiple users have booked the same day, all the events will be created on the calendar.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Li
Frequent Visitor

Hello, thanks very much for looking into my issue.

About #1, please have a look at my following Create event (V2) action - Response requested has been set to No, however, the requestor (attendee) can still see the button to accept/decline the event

calendarevent1.png

calendarevent2.png

About #2 and #3, thanks! That means the requestor will see something like <Holiday  service account> showing on the requested day (calendar)?

About #4, just want to be clear, when multiple users have booked the same day, all the events will be created on the service account's calendar (each user will also have an event created on their own calendar showing as <Holiday service account>)?

Thanks again!

JHS2020
Resolver II
Resolver II

How did you make it possible for the creator of the request to receive an event? It won't work for me

As long as you leave "Calendar" for "Calendar Id", in the create event action, you most probably will create the event in the calendar of the flow's owner (ID used to edit the flow).
So you create an event in your "own" calendar with a mandatory attendee supposed to accept or decline...

I guess you wanted to directly create the event entry in "Employee email" calendar, which does not seem easy to designate as an "Calendar Id" using Power Automate...

Did you ever solve this?

I also wish to create an event only for the user that i get from "Get user Profile v2" i do not want it to create an event in the calendar for the user who created the flow also.

Is there any way of getting the users calendar id from the "Get my profile v2" or any other way?

Hi,

May I know if you guys have any update on this? I am trying to delete an event in other user's calendar, but unable to do so, most probably because I don't have access to their calendars. I am trying to change the organizer of the event (to use the same organizer for all events), but can't find a way to do so.

kursekar
Frequent Visitor

I too wish to create an event in another users calendar upon a button click. I haven't been able to get a concrete or atleast a straightforward solution yet.

@ninashakira My solution was to create user account for example "EventInviter" then i create a Event using the "EventInviter" and set the required user as the user i want o create an event for. 

If you want to have read/write access to all users mailboxes then you need to use Graph i have not done anymore testing here as my solution worked for my issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (56,681)