cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Li
Level: Powered On

How to create an Outlook Calendar Event automatically with the right information?

Hello, I am currently building a PowerApp Holiday Booking system. Once the booking requst is approved, I would like to create a calendar appointment on requestor's calendar automatically. I have used Create event (V2) and it successfully created an event. However, I have now following questions and I do not know whether these are as designed or any other option I can use to achieve what I need.

1. Even though I set the Response requested to No, the requestor still receives an email asking him/her to accept/decline this calendar event. Because this request has already been approved, I would like it to automatically created in requestor's caledar rather than ask to accept/decline

calendarevent.png

2. As shown above, the organizer is always showing my account (I built and deployed the flow), does that mean I need to use a service account to build/deploy the flow?

3. It's always showing Subject; Organizer? If I use service account, does that mean it will show Holiday; Service Account on people's calendar?

4. Am I using the right action? If multiple users have booked the same day, does that mean multiple events will be created on the service account's calendar (each event has different attendee (requestor))?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to create an Outlook Calendar Event automatically with the right information?

Hi @Li,

Could you share a screenshot of your flow? I am trying to reproduce this issue.

About #2, the creator of the event will be considered as the organizer of the event, while the flow creator will be the event creator. You may consider using a service account to set up the flow.

About #3, just as what you said.

About #4, if you want to create an event on Office 365 Outlook Calendar, you should use the action Create event. When multiple users have booked the same day, all the events will be created on the calendar.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Li
Level: Powered On

Re: How to create an Outlook Calendar Event automatically with the right information?

Hello, thanks very much for looking into my issue.

About #1, please have a look at my following Create event (V2) action - Response requested has been set to No, however, the requestor (attendee) can still see the button to accept/decline the event

calendarevent1.png

calendarevent2.png

About #2 and #3, thanks! That means the requestor will see something like <Holiday  service account> showing on the requested day (calendar)?

About #4, just want to be clear, when multiple users have booked the same day, all the events will be created on the service account's calendar (each user will also have an event created on their own calendar showing as <Holiday service account>)?

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 143 members 5,081 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: