cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How to create an asset transfer flow?

Hey there, 

I've made a couple of posts here but flows are so ambiguous I was hoping someone could assit me from the ground up.

We want to have a flow where after uploading a document to a list, and entering the "To" and "From" supervisors, the document goes to the first supervisor for approval. Once that supervisor approves the form, it needs to go to the second. Finally, after the second supervisor approves the transfer, the approved document needs to be emailed to someone in Finance. 

If a supervisor denies the approval, at either step, an email needs to be sent to the original uploader.

I've built a flow but it does not work and I think a fresh start is what we need.

Thank you guys for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to create an asset transfer flow?

Hi @KeenAdam,

The Id field in Get attachments requires an Id of the list item to get attachments from. You need to use a dynamic content which returns an Id.

In the action Get attachment content, select ID from the trigger, and File identifier from the previous action Get attachments.

Please see the following screenshot for a reference.

1.PNG 

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi @KeenAdam,

It might be difficult to get that full process done as a community forum response. Are you looking for a full answer on the forum or are you looking fopr someone who can help you build the Flow that you need.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KeenAdam,

It seems that you have two levels of approvals. Once both the previous two approvers Approved the request, it will finally be transferred to the Finance. However, if an approver Rejected the approval, an email will be sent back to the requestor at either step.

I have created a flow likes below, hope it will be your reference.

In the SharePoint list, there are columns From and To, they will be the First and Second Approvers.

When an item is created or modified, Get attachments from the item.

Under Apply to each, Get attachment content.

Add the action Start an approval, assigned the first approval to “From”. Add a Condition to check if the Response is equal to Approve. If yes, Start the second approval and assign it to “To”, if No, send an email to the Requestor to ask him modify the attachment.

Under the second approval, add a condition to check if the Response is equal to Approve, if yes, send the final approval to Finance, if no, send an email to Requestor to ask him modify the attachment.

Image for your reference.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hey there Mabel,

Thank you so much! You hit the nail on the head with your description and it looks like this is going to work! Very appreciative of the insight you've given.

I have a couple of questions after working through your guide and hope you can assist.

Right now my version of this Flow is failing at the "Get attachments" second step in the list. Attached is a screenshot of how I've set that step up. Get attachements failing.PNG

"When an item is created or modified, Get attachments from the item." I think that instruction refrences the piece I'm missing, is "Link to item" the wrong ID for this step?

"Under Apply to each, Get attachment content." when I set this step, under the "Id" and "File Identifer" fields I just selected "ID". Also, Microsoft added a second "Id" in the "File Identifier" field. Will this configuration work?

After those are corrected, the other steps are as clear as day for me. 

Please let me know what I'm missing and thank you again, so much, for the assist here.

Adam

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KeenAdam,

The Id field in Get attachments requires an Id of the list item to get attachments from. You need to use a dynamic content which returns an Id.

In the action Get attachment content, select ID from the trigger, and File identifier from the previous action Get attachments.

Please see the following screenshot for a reference.

1.PNG 

Best regards,

Mabel

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,632)