cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robbert-Jan

How to customise Adaptive cards update message layout

Is there a way to format or design the 'update message' layout of an Adaptive card in Teams?

After you've sent an adaptive card and waited for the response, you can send an update message.

Right now I get this big "Adaptive cards | Power Automate" logo and I can only seem to add plain text in the response.

Does the update message support Adaptive card JSON as well or is there an other way to respond nicely formatted feedback to the user? Basically I'd wish to get rid of the Adaptive cards logo, but how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@RobbertJan  I see and test your json squema and it's ok see

test.PNG

See try looking your message in teams web, with some navigators like edge or chrome, even firefox, It you see your message well please try to clear the teams desktop app cache.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @Robbert-Jan  yes a way exist. See everything in Power Automate is Json languaje so adaptive cards too. Please visit this page to see how can you create your own adaptive card. https://adaptivecards.io/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @ChristianAbata

This is what I get when I put Adaptive cards JSON in the "update message" field when Posting an adaptive card to a teams user and await response... teams-adaptive-reponse.jpg 

What am I missing or doing wrong?

oh @Robbert-Jan  it looks like some braket is missing, please could you paste here your json squema?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

This is the JSON code that I'm using in the "update message" field.

{
    "type": "AdaptiveCard",
    "$schema": "http://adaptivecards.io/schemas/adaptive-card.json",
    "version": "1.2",
    "body": [
        {
            "type": "Container",
            "items": [
                {
                    "type": "TextBlock",
                    "text": "Thank you",
                    "size": "ExtraLarge",
                    "weight": "Bolder",
                    "color": "Good"
                }
            ]
        }
    ]
}

@RobbertJan  I see and test your json squema and it's ok see

test.PNG

See try looking your message in teams web, with some navigators like edge or chrome, even firefox, It you see your message well please try to clear the teams desktop app cache.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the same issue as the original poster. Can't make a custom update card. 

@Anonymous could you share an screanshot?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @ChristianAbata I'm having the same issue. I'm not sure you used the JSON code supplied by @Robbert-Jan in the Update Message field of the Post an Adaptive Card to a Teams user and wait for a response as it would show a Responded by... note at the bottom as in @Robbert-Jan's sample image.

So is the conclusion that the Update Message field of the Power Automate action cannot actually contain a JSON adaptive card - it would be very disappointing if this is the case ?

2020-09-04_12-14-55.png

This is still the case and a serious missing feature.  

Hi Christian. It looks like unlike others on this post, you have managed to get this to work. Are you suggesting in your message that the bug causing JSON format given in "update message" to not be interpreted as JSON can be fixed by clearing your MSTeams Cache?

BradyMason
Frequent Visitor

That would be an interesting fix given that it seems a consistent issue across devices. It's also been a couple months since I last tried and I would be curious to see if it is fixed.  The last time I tried I am not even sure if Dynamic content worked in the updates.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,280)