cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlprentice
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

How to deal with save conflicts on high usage flows?

We have several flows that deal with emails from a service provider that are extremely frequent, but require processing so we built some flows to deal with processing these emails. Part of this processing is updating or creating a SharePoint item on a SharePoint list.

Occasionally we receive save conflicts due to flows trying to write to the same spot on the list at the same time or duplicate entry errors. Part of this problem is the service provider in question will send "Status" update emails, this in itself is not the problem, the problem is the provider in question will send the same email 2~4 times at once... So the flow is setup in such a way that we don't get duplicate data, but sometimes we get duplicate data errors or save conflict errors stopping the flow run in it's tracks.

We are actually already doing duplicate data checks within the flow, and if the entry is already found the flow takes another parallel branch. Is it possible to just have the flow "restart" on certain types of errors?

Screenshot 2021-02-03 063417.pngScreenshot 2021-02-03 063407.pngScreenshot 2021-02-03 063343.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @dlprentice ,

I don't think you can restart a flow, but you can add a parallel branch after that action that will run if the action 'has failed' (3 dots on the action -> 'Configure run after'.

In the 'Condition', you can check the error status returned in that action 'body' by using 'body/value', and then it's up to you what you want to do in that situation.

Default body value:
outputs('ACTION_NAME')?['body']

Required value for the condition (enter the body in some action, copy/paste in text editor and add the /status)
outputs('ACTION_NAME')?['body/status']

image.png

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

dlprentice
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I wanted to update this post with a solution that more closely aligns with what my end goal was.

I found my solution in this post: Solved: How to determine status code for a condition - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

The solution as implemented:

1.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @dlprentice ,

I don't think you can restart a flow, but you can add a parallel branch after that action that will run if the action 'has failed' (3 dots on the action -> 'Configure run after'.

In the 'Condition', you can check the error status returned in that action 'body' by using 'body/value', and then it's up to you what you want to do in that situation.

Default body value:
outputs('ACTION_NAME')?['body']

Required value for the condition (enter the body in some action, copy/paste in text editor and add the /status)
outputs('ACTION_NAME')?['body/status']

image.png

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]
dlprentice
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I wanted to update this post with a solution that more closely aligns with what my end goal was.

I found my solution in this post: Solved: How to determine status code for a condition - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

The solution as implemented:

1.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,374)