cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to delete a SharePoint List item when a same item is deleted from another list?

Hi, I created two lists in SharePoint List A and List B. When I create a new item in A the same item will get created in B. Also I want that if I delete an item in A then the same item will get delete in B.

I also created a ID column in List B to store the ID of List A so that I can use that to update but that is not working for Delete.

I tried a lot of methods in Flow but it is not working.

Please help me with the above query.

Thanks in advance

Dipak Shaw

1 REPLY 1
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous i think this would be better done using Lookup column, add lookup column in the List B and it will refer to ID column of List A and while creating lookup column there is a setting Enforce Relationship Behaviour, select cascade delete, which will delete items in List B when corresponding item is deleted from list A?

annajhaveri_0-1614090304644.png

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,818)