cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JorgeT
Regular Visitor

How to delete multiple rows in a excel file without using an apply to each

Hi guys, 

I have a excel table and i want to make a flow that delete multiple rows, for example:

TasksExcel.png

In this table i want delete all rows with user "Anthael" without using an apply to each that has to go through the entire table, Any suggestion?

Greetings!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

List rows present in a table, use filter query as suggested by @Hardesh15 

Then use Apply to Each and  delete the row.

If you are concerned about time it would take to execute Apply to Each, then remember the filter query will not return every single row, but just the rows  that meet your criteria. Secondly, you can always use concurrency control to speed up the Apply to Each.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If this post or my previous reply was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@JorgeT  You can use filter query in excel action- list row present in a table where User eq 'Anthael'. This will return all rows belongs to user Anthael and then you can delete.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

The filter returns an array, how i can incorporate it into the delete a row excel action?

List rows present in a table, use filter query as suggested by @Hardesh15 

Then use Apply to Each and  delete the row.

If you are concerned about time it would take to execute Apply to Each, then remember the filter query will not return every single row, but just the rows  that meet your criteria. Secondly, you can always use concurrency control to speed up the Apply to Each.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If this post or my previous reply was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Is there a way to avoid using apply to each?

@JorgeT  As far my knowledge, there is no other to delete row from excel. Why are you so much concern about 'Apply to each'? Please give reason in details.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

In my work group they prefer to avoid the use of nested apply to each because they make the flow more complicated to understand, any way i have already convinced them that they are necessary so thanks for you helping

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,198)