cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomBed199

How to export data stored in forms used in Approvals in Teams.

I would like that when a request is accepted in Approvals application in Teams, a record containing the data from that request is created in Sharepoint or elsewhere.

This information is stored in the responses in Forms but from within Power Automate there is no access to these responses. Only responses to forms created by the user in Forms are available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shuvam-rpa
Super User
Super User

@TomBed199 As per your screenshot it's showing in recent but doesn't show in powerautomate. in that case you try to open the form by clicking three dot button and then copy the form id from the url as shown in screenshot below.

after it go to your flow and paste the id using cutom response in the trigger and do the same with get response details action. check the below screenshot for reference--

Shuvamrpa_0-1656633226962.png

Shuvamrpa_1-1656633236232.pngShuvamrpa_2-1656633262505.pngShuvamrpa_3-1656633271960.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Shuvam-rpa
Super User
Super User

@TomBed199 You can use dynamic value for approval to collect the response and also save it to sharepoint list.

PFA below--

Shuvamrpa_0-1656609773015.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

TomBed199

Unfortunately, approval flow is in the Approvals app in Teams. I cannot modify it.
This app uses Forms to collect data. I can't access this form because it is set up by the Approvals app in Teams.

TomBed199_1-1656618875369.png

but I see it form in MS Forms

TomBed199_2-1656619093412.png

Shuvam-rpa
Super User
Super User

@TomBed199 As per your screenshot it's showing in recent but doesn't show in powerautomate. in that case you try to open the form by clicking three dot button and then copy the form id from the url as shown in screenshot below.

after it go to your flow and paste the id using cutom response in the trigger and do the same with get response details action. check the below screenshot for reference--

Shuvamrpa_0-1656633226962.png

Shuvamrpa_1-1656633236232.pngShuvamrpa_2-1656633262505.pngShuvamrpa_3-1656633271960.png

TomBed199

It works. Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,944)