cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Webmagic
Level: Powered On

How to export documents from SharePoint including metadata to Azure blob storage

How to export documents from SharePoint including metadata to Azure blob storage

We are using flow/Azure Logic Apps to export documents from SharePoint document library to Azure Blob Storage.

Using the trigger when a file is created or modified.

flow1.jpgflow2.jpg
We are using a condition (Archive=True) to move only documents which are equal to Archive=true.

The flow is working correctly and documents are moved to Azure file storage.

Now we have the following question: how can we create a txt,csv file for each particular export file which contains metadata from SharePoint?

Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How to export documents from SharePoint including metadata to Azure blob storage

Hi @Webmagic 

There is a data action within Flow called "Create CSV Table" which you can use to generate the content of a CSV file. In my example below, I have used Get Items to retrieve my documents from a SharePoint library. I have then used the Create CSV Table and used the body of the Get Items to populate my CSV. I have an option to let this action automatically create the headers (which is really messy when pulling SharePoint data) or I can define my own "custom" columns. So for illustration I have just used Created By, Created, Modified By, Modified. Once I have the CSV table defined, I can use the create file action (I've used SharePoint but you could use the Azure Storage version) and set the body as the Create CSV Table output.

CSV.PNG

If you have found this post useful, please give it a thumbs up. If it has answered your question, please accept it as the solution so others can benefit.

@MattWeston365

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: How to export documents from SharePoint including metadata to Azure blob storage

Hi @Webmagic 

There is a data action within Flow called "Create CSV Table" which you can use to generate the content of a CSV file. In my example below, I have used Get Items to retrieve my documents from a SharePoint library. I have then used the Create CSV Table and used the body of the Get Items to populate my CSV. I have an option to let this action automatically create the headers (which is really messy when pulling SharePoint data) or I can define my own "custom" columns. So for illustration I have just used Created By, Created, Modified By, Modified. Once I have the CSV table defined, I can use the create file action (I've used SharePoint but you could use the Azure Storage version) and set the body as the Create CSV Table output.

CSV.PNG

If you have found this post useful, please give it a thumbs up. If it has answered your question, please accept it as the solution so others can benefit.

@MattWeston365

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,463)