cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhpatel
Frequent Visitor

How to export email and attachment to SharePoint list using flow

Hello -

I am trying to create a flow which exports an email and it has an attachment from a shared mailbox to a SharePoint list. 

I can't get the email contents or the attachments to export correctly.

When an email comes into the shared mailbox the flow does pick it up and create an item but in the email  body, only HTML appears. The attachments do not come through at all. 

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@sudharsan1985 - Thank you for the reply. I got the attachments to work. Any idea how to get the email message into the email body? When the flow runs, the email body in the SharePoint list item shows all HTML.

Here is what is set up now:

mhpatel_0-1594833311841.png

Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sudharsan1985
Super User
Super User

Hi @mhpatel 

Try to refer the below link which has a solution.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Outlook-mail-attachments-to-SharePoint-list/td-p/...

Also, try to use the template from Microsoft on storing the email attachments in a document library.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/f7a46809e53c42108034e56acf83bb79/save-my...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

@sudharsan1985 - Thank you for the reply. I got the attachments to work. Any idea how to get the email message into the email body? When the flow runs, the email body in the SharePoint list item shows all HTML.

Here is what is set up now:

mhpatel_0-1594833311841.png

Thank you!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,342)