cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michal
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

How to extract html body as a variable from the value in a given JSON sample

I am collecting log entries in the Team's chat and after several "Parse JSON" actions I end up with the core "Body" from the log which looks like that:

[
  {
    "name": "Module",
    "value": "<p>NewProductNotification</p>"
  },
  {
    "name": "Message",
    "value": "<p>New entity created, but could not find a child Item and cannot send a mail to the Product Owner, sending to CCAddress if applicable...</p>"
  }
]

The last mile should be straightforward: Parse JSON once more using the above data as a schema template, select from the parsed body the name and value and use them. It works for the Module but not for the Message

I tried the following method to extract the message in my sandbox without success. I tried to convert the Message to the plain text but I can see as input only <p></p>

How to get the whole piece of the Message and save it as a variable. I want to use it later to save it in the SharePoint list and also convert it to plain text. 

1a.png

1b.png

1c.png

When the flow runs...

653206d0-bcb5-40d8-87c9-52791871afc5.png

2b.png

2c.png

2d.png

Any tips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hey @Michal 

Your message is in the 2nd object [1], not the first [0].  Therefore you are looking for:

body('select')?[1]?['message']

Damien

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hey @Michal 

Your message is in the 2nd object [1], not the first [0].  Therefore you are looking for:

body('select')?[1]?['message']

Damien

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,528)