cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suuz
Frequent Visitor

How to extract language chosen in forms

Hi, I have a flow to update sharepoint list and send automatic email after someone registers by filling out a form.

They can choose their preferred language for filling our their form. Standard is Dutch, but can be set to English (United States).

Now I would like to know in which language they filled out the form so I can send a confirmation email and further actions in their preferred language.

I searched the forums online, but could not find solution.

Now I was trying the Expression Contrains(Collection, Value) to see if I can extract the language from the body of the reponse, but that is not working. Below is my screenshot.

Does anyone have an idea how to do this? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Screenshot_language extract flow_2.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
CFernandes
Super User III
Super User III

@Suuz 

>>Now I would like to know in which language they filled out the form so I can send a confirmation email and further actions in their preferred language.

You use the Detect language action (It uses Azure cognitive Services)- 

Untitled.png

You might also want to see:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/Microsoft-Flow-Cognitive-Services-Detect-Lang...

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Suuz
Frequent Visitor

@CFernandes thanks for your response but I do not think this is what I am looking for.

I am not looking to translate text, I just want to know was chosen to complete the form.Screenshot_language at top form.png

@Suuz Yes, my idea was to actually check if a string filled by end user and determine the language.

If the it is in Dutch language > Condition>s yes, send the email with this Dutch if no then send an email with English language and that can be done using the the Connector. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

gregjh60
Regular Visitor

I'm also trying to figure out what language the Form submitter chose on a form. It seems like that information should be part of the Form Response details, but I don't see it. Did you ever figure out a way to do this? I've resorted to having to separate forms (one for each language) and two separate flows (depending on which form was filled out).

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (58,189)