Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phildrake198
Helper III
Helper III

How to extract values from an HTTP Request that includes a multipart form

Hi,

I have a Flow that is using "When an HTTP Request is Received" to retrieve a form POST that includes a file upload AND an email address value. I know how to parse the file and get it to base64 but how to I extract the email address from it dynamically? I've tried Find Text Position and Substring but the problem is it will always be a different position depending on what the email address value is. I'm hoping to take that email value and run a lookup in Dynamics if I can extract it from the output somehow. I've also tried a "Select" action but I can't figure it out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
phildrake198
Helper III
Helper III

Nevermind, I figured it out. The "Find Text Position" and "Substring" actions do work for this after all. I wasn't considering that I could reference them as dynamic values. I ended up using the Trim function to remove a carriage return and I'm all set now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
phildrake198
Helper III
Helper III

Nevermind, I figured it out. The "Find Text Position" and "Substring" actions do work for this after all. I wasn't considering that I could reference them as dynamic values. I ended up using the Trim function to remove a carriage return and I'm all set now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,230)